About the Hershey Italian Lodge
The Hershey Italian Lodge (HIL) has been located and operated in the heart of Hershey, PA since 1920. It was established by a small group of Italian men and given the name "Nuova Societa Italiana Indipendente Di Mutuo Soccorso Per Uomini." In Italian, the translation is the Men’s New Independent Italian Mutual Benefit Society. The Lodge is a private social club that includes a bar and restaurant serving a traditional style Italian menu, a newly-renovated banquet hall, an also newly-renovated meeting and smaller banquet space on the lower level and a full-size kitchen. The Lodge also includes a full-sized bocce court with a very active league.
The primary goal of the lodge is to preserve our Italian heritage and build a strong, close community. Our mission statement is, “…to provide a comfortable, friendly, affordable, family atmosphere for our members and guests.” The saying “Ieri, Oggi, Domaini, Sempre Fratelli” is the motto of the lodge. Translated, this means, “Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow, Always Brothers”. There are currently approximately 3,000 total members; although a large population of the membership has relocated to areas outside of Hershey.
The primary membership is the “Active” membership, which is open to males ages 21 years or older and of Italian decent. The club also offers a “Ladies Auxiliary” membership, as well as, a “Social” membership; both are open to the public.
Memberships are varied and include the following:
- Newsletter of events
- Band nights
- Special Member Events
- Alcohol Beverage Privileges (members may pay for guests)
- Holiday events and functions
- Supports community projects and charities
- Bocce League, Pool League & Golf League and Tournament
- Lodge-Sponsored Bus Trips
- Beverage & Food specials in our restaurant
- Convenient online renewal
- Permanent membership cards
- A Great place where friends meet and to make new friends!
2018 Membership Renewals
Renew Your Membership
It's that time of year again! Please make sure that you renew your membership for 2018, to continue patronizing the club. You may only RENEW memberships on this site, you CANNOT request a new membership here. Renewing members will not receive a new card, you will continue to use the card you have from 2017. We will make the change on our end to extend your membership through December 31, 2018.
Remember that this is for renewing of memberships only. See below for new memberships.
Click here to pay using your major credit or debit card
- $35 (age 64 & under)
- $20 (spouse of a member age 64 & under)
- $30 (age 65 & over)
- $15 (spouse of a member age 65 & over)
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Hershey Italian Lodge, feel free to stop by the club and ask any bartender for a membership application.
Applications must be filled out at the club and can not be taken along and the dues amount must be paid at the time of completing the application. The bartender will submit the application to the office and the Executive Board will approve new memberships at their General Assembly meeting, which is the 2nd Sunday of each month.
You will receive a membership card the week following approval.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our office.
Hershey Italian Lodge Executive Board
2018 Executive Board
- James Mandes – President
- Steve Cameron – 1st Vice President
- John Mull– Financial Secretary
- Richard Sontag – Corresponding Secretary
- Wayne Tulli – Treasurer
- Trustees: George Pichini, Andy Fischer, Roger Pellegrini, Pete Camacci, Bill Griffiths & Steve Pichini
Active members like you represent the heart of the Hershey Italian Lodge. Your participation at the monthly meetings is an essential element of our club’s governance. I’m asking for an hour of your time each month to help guide our club into it’s 100th anniversary.
Please mark your calendars as noted below for the 2018 general assembly, monthly meetings. All meetings start at 6:00 p.m.
GENERAL ASSEMBLY MEETING SCHEDULE
- February 11th
- March 11th
- April 8th
- May No meeting, Mother’s Day
- June No meeting
- July No meeting
- August No meeting
- September 9 th
- October 14th
- November 11th
- December 9th
EXECUTIVE BOARD MEETING SCHEDULE
The Executive Board meetings are held the Wednesday before General Assembly meetings.
There are spaces available to have a plaque memorializing family and friends on the Italian Lodge Memorial Board. Each plaque costs $100 and this includes the printing and placement of your plaque on the board. To request a plaque, contact the office at 534-1765, ext. 1.
Elvis Cash Raffle Winners
- $1000– Anne Hayward, Elizabethtown
- $500 – Martie Clark, Palmyra
- $250 – Andrea Bowerman, Palmyra
- $200 – Scott Hopple, Harrisburg
- $150 –Maureen Noggle, Camp Hill
- $100 – Carl Arnold, Myerstown
- $50 – Mike Gesford, Hummelstown
- $50 – Michael Marcantino, Dillsburg
- $50 – Linda Waverka, Philadelphia
- $50 – Russell Dudley, Annville
$20 Gift Card Winners
- Michael Murphy, Harrisburg
- Charles Renshaw, Harrisburg
- Dorothy Wert, Palmyra
- Carolyn Hubert, Harrisburg
- Sam Lebo Sr, Hershey
- Kathy Rock, Palmyra
- Mary Sipe, Harrisburg
- Donald Smith, Hershey
- Arlette Joseph, Hershey
- Robert Fabrizi, Palmyra